This video shows how I retouched a photo to give it a vintage 1940′s – 1950′s pin-up art look using Lightroom 3.3 and Photoshop CS4. The basic technique is in this video tutorial on 1950′s pin-up effects on Planet Photoshop, but with some modifications since I used a low-key dark background but the Planet Photoshop tutorial used a high key photo.
The techniques include:
- skin smoothing with the surface blur filter
- using layers & blend modes
- layer masks
- making selections using luminosity
- digital makeup
- using the photocopy filter
- merging & copying layers
- dodging & burning by using curve adjustment layers
Have you done pin-up photography? Please share your links and any techniques in the comments section – thanks!